For Questions Contact: Wendy Abdi
Tel.: 613-562-5800 ext. 7328
Estimates / Quotes
Estimates or quotes can be provided to aid clients in preparing purchase orders (POs) or for planning and budgeting purposes. Please request quotes from Wendy. Our price list can also be used for quick budgeting purposes. If you are requesting a special service not included on the price list, please contact Paul directly.
Purchase orders (PO)
A PO may be required by your university / institution in order to confirm the cost of the services you are requesting from the Veizer lab as well as to authorize and allocated the funds for eventual payment. Please contact your accounting department to determine if a PO is necessary. Purchase orders should be emailed to Wendy Abdi.
- Client Billing info should be provided directly in the submission file, including your purchase order (PO) or contract number, if one is being generated. The billing contact and address should be that of the person or department paying the invoice, as the invoice will be e-mailed to their attention. The invoice can however be e-mailed to more than one person, so please include any extra e-mails in the comment section (keeping in mind that we generally also cc the submitter when e-mailing the invoice, even if the main billing contact is in Accounts Payable).
- Canada & USA: invoices are generated anywhere from 1 - 4 weeks after all samples have been analysed and the client has received the data. Invoices are e-mailed as pdf attachments.
- International: invoices are generated upon reception of the submission files(s) & samples, but prior to sample analysis in the case of international clients. Results will only be e-mailed once payment is received.
Payments - invoices are payable upon receipt (net 30 days).
- Cheques: Please include the invoice number on all cheques.
Make cheques payable to: The University of Ottawa
Mail payment to: (please pay attention to address below - uOttawa has many vendor numbers and addresses)
Ján Veizer Stable Isotope Laboratory
Advanced Research Complex
University of Ottawa
25 Templeton St.
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
c/o Wendy Abdi
- Bank transfers: Please e-mail Wendy to request our bank information and advise her of your intent. It is critical that the invoice number be included on the payment. There is only one bank account for the entire university and payments must be identified and re-directed to the various departments, services and labs.
- Direct deposits: If the direct deposit form has previously been completed and returned by the University of Ottawa (including a copy of a cancelled cheque), please simply advise us that payment will be made via direct deposit. It is critical that the invoice number be included on the payment. There is only one bank account for the entire university and payments must be identified and re-directed to the various departments, services and labs.
- Credit card: If paying via credit card, please inform Wendy upon receiving the invoice and she will e-mail you an authorization form to be completed. Never include your actual card number on the form. It should be called in, but we need the form for audit purposes.
- FOAP (Cost centre): Internal clients simply need to provide a FOAP for debit. Wendy will check at the time of billing to ensure that the funds are still available. She also requires written proof by e-mail that you have approved the debit.